No FSO services are directed to children under 13. Federal law requires that FSO may not collect any personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not register for any FSO services or provide any of your personal information to FSO.
Hollywood.com Fan Sites
And all sub-domains and websites of the above, whether hosted or owned.
I. What Information We Collect and For What Purposes′
To most effectively offer our services, we may collect information from you in the following ways:
• Information You Provide to Register for Services. If you wish to register for the FSO newsletter or to participate in a contest or giveaway, we request you to provide your email address and zip code (or foreign postal area). If you wish to build a fan site, we request you to provide your name, country of residence, email address, a password, and a security question and answer. You may also include any additional information in a space provided. You are not required to provide this information, but then you may not receive the services.
• Additional Fan Site Information You Provide. In addition to information required to register a Fan Site account, you may voluntarily provide your company name (if applicable), address, city, state/region, zip code, and phone number. Any information you publish through a Fan Site is stored on our servers. Published information is not kept private.
• Server Log Information. Our servers automatically log certain basic technical information when a user accesses the website, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser’s request to the FSO server, the date and time of the request, the language and type of browser you use, the referring web page, your computer’s operating system, and any FSO cookies associated with your browser.
• Communications From You to Us. If you send correspondence or email to us or otherwise communicate with us, we may retain copies of the communications to assist you or for our records.
• Social Networking. We allow you to sign into social networking and other online profiles through FSO so you can interact with our services using those accounts. FSO can only recognize you through these accounts if you specifically agree to share that information by signing in.
• To assist the technical support of our system
• To maintain and improve the quality of our services through auditing, research and analysis
• To develop new services or enhance existing service.
• To communicate with you or respond to a request.
• To better understand, market to and serve our membership.
• To protect the rights of property or safety of FSO or its members.
• To run contests or giveaways. We may run contests on our sites in which we ask visitors for contact information (such as their name and email address) and demographic information (such as their zip code or foreign postal area). The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary, such as if they win a contest or to notify users of upcoming contests.
II. Information You Reveal to the FSO Community or Publish on a Fan Site is Public′
Any information you contribute as a “comment” to an article or feature on FSO is public. Once you post information as a “comment,” FSO cannot prevent others from reviewing it. Any information you post on a Fan Site is public. Once you post information on a Fan Site, FSO cannot prevent others from reviewing it.
III. Where Information is Processed′
FSO processes personal information on the secure servers of a hosting service located in the United States of America.
IV. Sharing of Information′
FSO will not share your personal information with third parties unless:
• You give consent.
• We believe in good faith that use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: (1) detect or prevent fraud or security issues; (2) comply with any law, regulation, legal process or government order; (3) protect the rights of property or safety of FSO or its members; or (4) to enforce FSO’s website policies or investigate potential violations thereof.
V. Use of Non-Personal Information′
FSO may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated demographic data that will not identify you or anyone personally, such as the number of users who viewed a particular page in a given time-period, or geographic statistics about our members.′Ads appearing on this web site are displayed on your screen by either (a) one of our web advertising partners or (b) by us. Information about your visit to this site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad, your browser, the type of computer operating system you use, and whether or not you responded to the ad delivered, (but not your name, address, phone number or other personally identifying information), is used to serve advertisements to your screen. We may use your zip code or geographical location information to serve appropriate advertisements. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
VI. Information Security′
Any of your personal information that is stored is kept securely on servers maintained by FSO’s hosting provider Industry-standard encryption technologies are used when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site, which encrypts information you input, except for domain name data.′You are solely responsible for the confidentiality of your password, if any. We suggest you do not share your password with anyone.′Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, FSO cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
VII. Leaving FSO′
VIII. Mergers or Acquisitions′
IX. Accessing or Updating Your Information′
If you have registered for a Fan Site account, you may login to that account to manage or correct your information.′Our site also provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.′To correct, update, or remove information from our records and databases, or to unsubscribe from services, users have the following options:
• Users may send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Users may visit the following URL: http://www.hollywood.com/newsletter_signup/3590910
• Users may send mail to the following postal address:
2255 Glades Road. Suite 221A, Boca Raton, Florida 33431
• Users may call the following telephone number in the United States:
X. California Residents′
It is not FSO’s practice to disclose your personal information to any third parties that use your information for direct marketing purposes. However, as required by California law, upon letter or email request by any California resident with whom FSO has an established business relationship, FSO will disclose to you each instance, if any, in the immediately preceding calendar year in which FSO disclosed your personal information to a third party that FSO knows or has reason to know used your personal information for direct marketing purposes. See California Civil Code § 1798.83. Please address such requests to:′
California Privacy Matters
Fan Sites Org, LLC
New York, NY 10012
Or email us at email@example.com
XII. Choice / Opt-Out′
Users of our site may opt out of their information being (1) disclosed to third parties; or (2) used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by a user. To opt-out, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org′Sensitive personal information (defined by the US-EU Safe Harbor to include “personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information specifying the sex life of the individual”) will never be disclosed to third parties or used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by a user, unless you expressly grant permission for the use.
XIII. European Union Citizens′
For personal information of employees, consumers, healthcare professionals, medical research subjects and investigators, customers, investors, and government officials that FSO receives from the European Economic Area, FSO has committed to handling such personal information in accordance with the US-EU Safe Harbor Principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor Principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/. adheres with all requirements for US-EU Safe Harbor framework, and adheres to the seven Safe Harbor Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Access, Security, Data Integrity, and Enforcement.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Fan Sites Org, LLC
New York, NY 10012
Or email us at email@example.com